On this page, you will find helpful materials for preparing for the forestry portion of the Indiana Envirothon Competition.
2021 Forestry Resources
- A Landowner’s Guide to Sustainable Forestry in Indiana—Part 1
- Importance of Hardwood Tree Planting
- Planting Forest Trees and Shrubs in Indiana
- The Practice of Forestry in Indiana
- All links except the complete final report for IN resident’s perceptions.
- Hardwood Ecosystem Experiment: Sustaining our Oak-Hickory Forests
- 50 Trees of Indiana, T.E. Shaw, Purdue publication 4-H-15-80
- Indiana Forestry Best Management Practices
- A Landowner’s Guide to Sustainable Forestry in Indiana – Part 5: Forests and Water
The Envirothon is a competitive learning event for high school-aged students, testing their knowledge of environmental resources including soil, water, forestry, wildlife and various current environmental issues.
The 2022 Indiana Envirothon regional and state competitions are scheduled to take place in person; however, this may be updated as county and/or state guidance changes. Please check this page and our Facebook frequently for updates.