On this page, you will find helpful materials for preparing for the forestry portion of the Indiana Envirothon Competition.
2021 Forestry Resources
- A Landowner’s Guide to Sustainable Forestry in Indiana—Part 1
- Importance of Hardwood Tree Planting
- Planting Forest Trees and Shrubs in Indiana
- The Practice of Forestry in Indiana
- All links except the complete final report for IN resident’s perceptions.
- Hardwood Ecosystem Experiment: Sustaining our Oak-Hickory Forests
- 50 Trees of Indiana, T.E. Shaw, Purdue publication 4-H-15-80
- Indiana Forestry Best Management Practices
- A Landowner’s Guide to Sustainable Forestry in Indiana – Part 5: Forests and Water
The Envirothon is a competitive learning event for high school-aged students, testing their knowledge of environmental resources including soil, water, forestry, wildlife and various current environmental issues.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2021 Indiana Envirothon regional and state competition will be held virtually. Please see the Rules and Regulations for more information on this.